Walk-the-Talk Teaching is a site for you, the teacher of bilingual and multilingual students. It supports schools in implementing effective bilingual/biliteracy and English-additional language/dialect (EAL/D) teaching practices for learners with home languages other than English. These learners are also known as English-Second-Language (ESL) learners or, in the USA/Canada, English-Language-Learners (ELLs).
Walk-the-Talk Teaching, with associated professional development and resources, provides:
- information about pedagogies for teaching English, teaching about English and teaching through English to speakers of other languages
- ongoing mentoring for teachers of EAL/D students.
Advice, professional learning and mentoring support are available for:
- the development of school language/curriculum policies for EAL/D teaching
- teaching EAL/D students in mainstream contexts
- the implementation of bi/multilingual instructional modes and pedagogies
- the inclusion of students' home language in teaching practice in all contexts
"WHEN TEACHERS LEARN, STUDENTS LEARN MORE"
Professional Development programs and mentoring for teachers in planning for, teaching, assessing and monitoring EAL/D learning is provided for teaching EAL/D students.